Himachal Pradesh, a beautiful state of North India and Manali, a beautiful hill station of this beautiful state which is filled with amazing and pleasing natural beauty of the place. Manali plays a vital role in North India Tourism as the place is filled with lots of valley, sightseeing places, lush greenery and rich flora and fauna of the place.
People from not only within the country but from across the world travels to Manali to cherish the virgin beauty and get a chance to meet the culture of the hill station. Talking about the culture, today in this post we will going to discuss about Manali Winter Carnival which holds a prominent place in Manali culture.
Apart from spectacular beauty of Manali, there is one more reason to visit Manali that is Winter Carnival. The carnival is organized every year with the intention to keep alive the traditions and culture and also to fascinate tourists from across the world.
- Manali Winter Carnival – In Inception
- History in Synopsis
- Manali Carnival Festival – The Present Scenario
- Manali Winter Carnival and Events
- Winter Carnival and Some Quick Synopsis
1. Manali Winter Carnival – In Inception
The huge and grand festival of Manali, the Manali Winter Carnival is perfect blend for cultural and sports activities which would be mesmerizing to experience. This is a 5 days of event which generally happens in the month of January and February and evident to its name it is celebrated to welcome the winter season.
The Manali Winter Carnival was started back in 1977 and now it’s almost 4 decades with the passage of time, the carnival is becoming the bigger and the extravagant. The festival was started as the skiing competition and has now become the host of cultural events simultaneously. The former Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh Dr. Y.S Parmar inaugurated the carnival. With the intention to promote the skiing activities among the locals and visitors, many competitions were organized in those days. During that time many national and international players participated in these games. Hence, the time can be said as the witness of the Manali Carnival.
2. History in Synopsis
- 1985-1992 – Manali Kala Kendra organized Winter Carnival.
- 1993 – club join hand with Trios Mumbai and cultural events became integral part of this carnival
- 1999 – Became state level and started featuring as prominent date of cultural calendar of state.
- 2008 –Carnival gained international height.
3. Manali Carnival Festival – The Present Scenario
With the passage of time, the level of carnival is also increased and what started with a small skiing competition has now turned out be a prominent and integral part of Manali culture. Today, the carnival boasts many new attractions such as Skiing Championship, Craft Bazaar, Himachali Food Festival, Street plays along with Folk Music and Dances, adventure sports and many more other activities which make this carnival more spectacular. For promoting the youth to participate in this extravagant carnival, contests such as Winter Queen and Mr. Manali also organize every year which also attracts many visitors.
4. Manali Winter Carnival and Events
Being the biggest and the most amazing event of the country, Manali Winter Carnival boasts some of the most amazing and spectacular events for the making this event more happening and livelier. Each event has something for everyone. By winning which one would get a cash prize with the varying amount. Here are some of the most amazing competitions which organize during the carnival –
- Carnival Parade
- Winter Queen Contest
- Nukkad Natak
- Folk Song
- Voice of Winter Carnival
- Talent Show
All these events are just to name and altogether these events will be a power pack event for everyone which one can hardly miss and make your Manali Tours a memorable one.
5. Winter Carnival and Some Quick Synopsis
- Minimum and Maximum age of participation are 16 years and 35 years
- Main target is Youth and taps schools, youth clubs and organizations.
- Participation fee for individual is INR 500 and for Group INR 1500.
- Participant must carry filled prospectus along with the fee.
- Each team can participate in minimum 6 events and it is mandatory to participate in Carnival Parade and Folk Dance event.
- Food facility for participant is available along with the facilities for boarding and lodging.
This beautiful and spectacular carnival attracts a plethora of tourist from all over the world and encourages them to take participation in this amazing carnival. Though Manali is travelled by travellers throughout the year but during this time one can see the alluring aura of Manali at its peak. People on their North India tours are offered with some of the best hotels in Manali. With a wide range, one can avail accommodation from budget to plush premium properties which make the experience of Winter Carnival more exciting and alluring.
For this Govt. of Himachal Pradesh has tied its hand with many travel operators to offer many exciting and lucrative travel package for their clients with different offers and client and many more.